Friday, July 6, 2012

A Poof by any other name?

Happy birthday party day! Well I wanted to post a quick little something because I have something exciting to share with you. This year most of the things at the party were handmade (except for the flowers... I’m not that talented yet). So I found these “Pom Pom’s” all over the web... the thing is that you can find them at Martha Stewart or Michaels for like 8 bucks for 3.... which is pretty pricy for something  that is a simple pimple to make. How you ask?


You just take a regular piece for tissue paper (I found 8 was a good number) and you accordion fold them.


So once you’ve done accordion folding it, then it’ll look something like this: see! So simple! And that’s really the hardest thing, then you just separate the paper pulling it towards the center on both sides to get a full wonderful ball!
And the great thing is you could make as many as you want, hang them from the roof of even have them all over the floor! – and guess how much each one costs to make? 50 cents for the big ones and 25 cents for the small ones.... you could really make as many as you want!



So here’s some in a group! Or you can have them alone! I made one massive one, but net party I’d see how big I could actually make one... A gigantic sized one? Hmmm!

As for right now, I’ve baked some almond shortbread cookies and have some teas steeping! We’re pretty ready for the party tonight! Now just to add guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment